Actually, It’s even worse than Apartheid…
Apartheid was a system of racial segregation in South Africa, which have lots in common with Israeli policies over the occupied Palestinian territories occupied in 1976. and while Apartheid in South Africa was against its own people, in Israel case, they uses the same tools against another nation ( Palestinians living in west bank and Gaza).
- Israel now is the only colonial occupation left in the 20 century. Although 135 state recognized Palestinians right of Self-determination and to have their own sovereign state, Israel still refuse to do the rightful choice.
- Israel uses two law system in the OPT (occupied Palestinian territories), the first is civil law for Israeli settlers and Martial law for Palestinian. (example: by Israeli law over OPT
- The (Apartheid Wall) was instructed deep in OPT (occupied Palestinian territories) separating people from their lands, relatives, schools and jobs. Restricting movements, economy and sizing more land from Palestinians in favoring settlements expansion.
- Berlin Wall which marked the cold war era between 2 nuclear power nations and separated Germany was just 96 miles (155 Km) and an Average high of 11.8 ft. (3.6 m) while The Israeli apartheid is to reach 403 miles (650 Km) and average height of 25 ft. (8m).
- Similar to South Africa – Israel forbidding (Palestinians) from traveling in Israeli buses in West Bank.
- Israel has a permit system that restricts travel of Palestinian in West Bank and limiting their choice of where to live, in addition to limit their rights to reach their lands and farms unless they have Permit from Israeli Government.
- Israeli checkpoints is similar to South Africa (pass law) that forbidding blacks from movement, Israel made more almost 65.12 kilometers of roads in the deep of West Bank as roads for the use only of Israelis that classified for the sole, or practically sole, Israelis.
- Similar to apartheid South Africa ( Anti-miscegenation laws ) , which forbid the mix-raced marriage, Israeli laws bans Palestinian spouses from living in Israel. As a new type of prejudice toward 20% of its citizens who have relatives in West bank and Gaza.
- Israel Control most of water resources in west bank in favoring the settlements and forbidding Palestinians from digging and any new wells since 1967 meanwhile, Israel force Palestinian to (buy) water -which- been extracted from their land by Israeli Companies.
- Israeli Citizenship law 2002 Prohibited married Palestinians couples to live together in Israel if one of them is from OPT similar to South African 1949-Act No 55, Prohibition of Mixed Marriages Act that prohibits marriages between white people and people and non-white people. while.
- Israel ( Center of Life ) law 1988 gives the Israeli government the power to revoked the citizenship of east Jerusalem Palestinians, similar to South African 1970-Bantu Homelands Citizens Act give the government the power to Remove black South African citizenship and required all black people to become a citizen of the homeland designated for his/her ethnic group, this resulted of more than 14,000 Palestinians in East Jerusalem have had their status as permanent residents of Israel revoked by the state since 1967.
Another indications of Israeli apartheid:
- No right of free speech, assembly or movement
- Arrest and imprisonment without charge or trial
- House searches without warrant
- Assassination, extra-judicial murder
- No right to vote for the Israeli government (even though it controls their lives)
Nobel Peace Prize Laureates Who Have Spoken Out Against Israeli Apartheid
“When Israel does occupy this territory deep within the West Bank, and connects the 200-or-so settlements with each other, with a road, and then prohibits the Palestinians from using that road, or in many cases even crossing the road, this perpetrates even worse instances of apartness, or apartheid, than we witnessed even in South Africa.” Jimmy Carter | 2002 Nobel Peace Prize
“…injustice and gross human rights violations were being perpetrated in Palestine. In the same period the UN took a strong stand against apartheid; …which helped to bring an end to this iniquitous system. But we know too well that our freedom is incomplete without the freedom of the Palestinians.” Nelson Mandela | 1993 Nobel Peace Prize
“If you change the names, the description of what is happening in the Gaza Strip and the West Bank would be a description of what is happening in South Africa” 1989 . Desmond Tutu | 1984 Nobel Peace Prize